Friday, April 6, 2018

Keto White Chicken Chili

I'm a huge fan of the Keto diet. This is not a secret.

I have a very hard time finding Keto food that I like, so I usually make the same thing every day. I do this for ease as well. My family doesn't eat Keto, so I always have to make two meals. (ugh)

WELL...I found a Keto meal that everyone loves. I'm not kidding, this is delicious. I don't have any pictures to share because my whole family ate it very quickly!

I'll share the recipe below with general macros. Please realize that not all products are created equal, and different parts of the chicken will have different amounts of fat. (Also, did you know that Philly Cream Cheese has less carbs than the generic brand?!?)

Keto White Chicken Chili

Makes four servings

1 lb chicken
1.5 cups chicken broth (We use Sam's Choice Organic Vegetable Broth)
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
1 diced jalapeno
1 diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 oz cream cheese
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne


Season chicken in a large pot with oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. Sear both sides over medium heat until golden.

Add broth, cover and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.

While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter. Add chiles, diced jalapeño, green pepper and onion to a skillet and saute until veggies soften. Add minced garlic and saute an additional 30 seconds. Turn off heat.

** This step is not necessary, but this gets my veggie hating son to eat veggies* Puree vegetables with a small amount of broth.

Once chicken is cooked, shred and add back to broth. Add sautéed veggies OR pureed veggies and simmer for 10 minutes.

In a medium bowl, soften the cream cheese in a microwave until you can stir it, mix with heavy whipping cream.

Stirring quickly, add cheese to soup.

Simmer and additional 15 minutes.

Top with whatever works for you. The boys did hot sauce and tortillas. I did cheese and avocado. :) I prefer more healthy fats in my food.

Serving size 1 cup
4 net carbs
481 Calories
30 g fat
1 g fiber
39 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment